Born and bred into captivity of Orlando, Florida, Chandra (pronounced CHAN-drah, like Jackie CHAN) can now be found in her present-day home, blissfully away in the land of New York with her writer boyfriend, Drew Gaska. It is here that she concocts her uniquely abstract and elongated art and comics. Intensely interested in the incorporation of psychology into her art, she focuses on the unconscious and human aspects of her characters. In addition to The God Machine, she has worked as a digital painter on the comic series Sullengrey by Ape Entertainment, a colorist on the comic series Mice Templar by Image, and as an illustrator on Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock by Archaia. She also provided digital paintings for the illustrated prose novel, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, and has illustrated numerous album covers. She has adapted as well as illustrated T.S. Eliot’s The Wasteland for the comics publication The Graphic Cannon. Chandra is also the art director of the guerrilla studio BLAM! Ventures.
On her off time she considers herself an amateur “Foodie”– looking for the holy grail of coffees, the most savory bowl of Japanese ramen, the quintessential green tea item, the most mouth-watering sashimi, and the weirdest food she’s never encountered before– all on the isle’ of Manhattan.
She’s also an avid Venture Brothers fan, a retro video gamer, collector of arty-indy comics, infrequent participant of the “goth” scene, and girl adventurer!
For a more extensive bio/resume see my LinkedIn Page.
Present & Past Projects:
- The God Machine; Role: writer/artist [on going]
- Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes Role: artist, 2 illustrations
- Fraggle Rock Vol.2; Role: artist
- Boys + Girls; Role: Co-creator, writer, artist [on hold]
- Graphic Cannon Vol. 2, “The Wasteland”; Role: Artist, adaptation. [upcoming]
- Mice Templar Vol 4; Role Alternate Cover colorist [current]
- SPACE:1999 Aftershock & Awe; Continuity Director
- Sullengrey: Cemetery Things Trade Paperback; Role: Colorist on Front/Back covers, colorist on “Fear.”
- Sullengrey: Sacrifice #1 & Sullengrey: Sacrifice Graphic Novel; Role: Colorist
- The Darkgoodbye Vol. 2; Colorist on front cover.
- Sullengrey: Cemetery Things [Ape Entertainment]
- Gloom Cookie Vol.5 – The Final Curtain [SLG]
- Peach Fuzz Vol. 3 [Tokyopop]
- Emo Boy Vol. 2 – Walk with your Head Down [SLG]
- The Dark Goodbye Vol 2. TBA[Tokyopop]
- Primordia GN [Archaia]
- Starkweather [Archaia]
- Critical Millennium [Archaia]
- Feeding Ground [Archaia]
- Rainbow in the Dark [vol 2, issue 9]
- Scarlet Carson: Foreverless
- Miss FD: Love Magik
- Paul Lewis: Bag of Rain